Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Saturday 9 June 2018

Day 9 Crave -- Learning From Affliction

Psalm 119:71

1) From this passage, where did the psalmist run to when he was facing affliction? How did this benefit him?

He turned to God's Word.   He learned from his affliction and reading God's Word what to do in his time of trouble. It kept him from wandering all over the place finding the wrong answers.

2) How has God helped you through His Word when I faced tough situations before?

There have been times when I have had problems with a Christian leader and wondered what I was doing wrong.  Through God's Word, it has shown me where I went wrong or if I was innocent and the other person had done wrong. God's Word clarifies to me what direction I need to take after the infliction.   It either has me to repent, forgive or occasionally leave the situation and shake the dust from my feet.

3) What are you currently facing? How do you think can God's Word help me at this time?

We have had to leave the church, but I don't want to.  Our pastor has insecurities and his pride and ignorance to parts of the Word have kept him and our church in bondage. As a result of his sin, he has become afraid to talk to me.   The Word has shown me what he has done wrong and in this case, I do need to leave the church.  I didn't have to read the Word to get my answer.  I read it regularly and God put certain verses in my heart during this time to clarify and show me the truth of God's Word.

GOODIE BAG -- When you find yourself confused and groping for answers, know that they are written in the Bible.


No comments:

Post a Comment