Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Thursday 28 June 2018

Day 21 Crave - Smooth Path Ahead

Psalm 119:165

1) What is it about God's promises that made the psalmist rejoice in them (vs 162)?  How can I cultivate the same attitude towards God's Word?

He considered God's Word the greatest thing he had ever found.
I find peace and comfort in reading God's Word where I don't find that in reading anything else, only entertainment.  God's Word is a 2 edge sword, that is it alive.  I haven't thought that I rejoice in His Word, but I think that I do.  I can't live without it.

2) Why was the psalmist loyal to God's Word despite the persecution he faced (vs 167)? Why do I think did he fear God's laws more than what people of influence says?  

God's laws fit his life perfectly unlike people who don't know what God wants for him, yet give advice.  He calls these people liars.

3)  How can I "hate or abhor falsehood"  today?

I already hate falsehood or lies, but to take this one step deeper.  If I go to a person for advice they will give it, but it often is not what God would tell me.  My friends and family mean well, but often they do not inquire of the Lord of what I would need.  I need to go to God and not people to get the absolute truth.  The only reason I don't go to God is I don't trust myself to hear what God is saying. I need to trust myself that I do hear from God and not second guess what I get in my heart.

GOODIE BAG -  We can be at peace that as we follow God's Word, the path ahead of us is sure, smooth and straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment