Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Friday 29 June 2018

Day 22 Crave- Total Dependance

Psalm 119:175

1) What did the psalmist request God would grant him (vs 169-173)? What does this long list tell us of his dependance on God?

Provide him with insight from His Word
Give his request personal attention
Rescue him according to His promises
Let praise cascade out of his mouth
Let the promises ring from his tongue
Steady him with your hand
Show yourself for he loves it
Invigorate his soul so he can praise you
Seek him out if he wanders off like a lost sheep

We need to depend on God for everything.  What struck me is that I know we are to always praise God, but I have never thought to ask God to put praises on my lips before. 

2) How does God sustain me every day?  What did He promise me in His Word about taking care of me?

I know God is with me every day and He has directed me in life, even when I am shopping I ask for help and he reminds me of what I need to buy and organizes my stops so everything runs smoothly.

He has promised me that He will never leave me nor forsake me.

3)  What can make me totally depend on God?  What promises from the Bible can I hold on to?

I need to get deeper into God's Word?  I read my bible, but sometimes I skim through it.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to write this devotion in my blog or just continue to journal it.  I thought I might lose my quiet time and this blogging would become a rout, just doing and not getting much out of it.  But typing it out has caused me to slow down as I can write faster than I can type.  When I slowed down it made me think deeper about the question and my understanding of God has gotten much deeper.
 
What promise from the Bible can I hold on to?  

God will never forsake me, he will always be there.  Ask and I shall receive.  I just need to ask God for wisdom in everything I do.  PRAY

Jerimiah 29:11 --I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out  -- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  (The Message Bible)

GOODIE BAG - We can fully trust God to meet our every need because He promised.

This concludes this study.  I feel I have a better understanding of who God is.  I am going to now take some time and read Psalms 119, and meditate on it.





 










No comments:

Post a Comment