Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Day 20 Crave-- Life Preserver

Psalm 119:157

1) What was the psalmist asking God for (vs 153 - 154)? Why do I think did he do this?

He asked God to take a good look at his life and to take his side.  He wanted God to give him his life back.
I think he was desperate and had lost a lot.  He wanted to make sure God understood what he was asking and to remind God that he needed his help. He needed God to really pay attention to his problems.  

2)  How do I usually cope with tough times? Where or to whom do you often turn to for help?

Where I go to for help has changed over the years as I have matured in God.  Years ago I went to my pastor.  My husband was in a bad spot at that time and he couldn't help.  Eventually, I could go to my husband, but I also realized, through healing, I needed to go to God instead.  
I originally couldn't go to God because I didn't know who God was.  I did not know I could trust God with everything.  This was a result of wrong teaching from the church when I was a child.  I thought God was out to get me.  God has always been patient, kind and gentle with me and has healed me and changed me into the women I am now.  I am still growing, but I am not the same person I used to me, like this song by Brandon Heath - I'm Not Who I Was https://youtu.be/K1ZgtCRO-KY

3) Knowing that God's Word can preserve my life and save me, how will I allow God to do that for me today?

I will ask God for help, not human beings. Third Day - Cry Out To Jesus https://youtu.be/JmVxRl5bc4Y

GOODIE BAG -- Choose to stick to God's Word in spite of any difficulty.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment