Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Monday 11 June 2018

Day 11 Crave-- Waiting On God's Moving

Psalm 119:81

1) Despite his feelings, what did the psalmist choose to do?

He waits for God's instructions, by keeping a steady gaze on God.

2) How can trusting what God says help me through a time of waiting?

God has never failed me in the past, therefore, I have faith that He will get me through anything in the future.  I know it is God's timing, not mine, despite that sometimes I feel I have missed His timing by being ahead or behind it, but God's timing is always perfect. When I wait for God's timing my life runs smooth.

3) What specific Bible verses can you hold on to as you wait for God's next move?

Two of my favourite verses line up with this question.

Isaiah 40:31 
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


I like this verse as it reminds me that I will sore to new heights if I wait on God and do not try to do things in my own strength.  God will give me the strength and energy to follow Him. Years ago I  had a vision.  I was standing on a cliff and I jumped off.  An eagle swooped up and I flew on his back.  I could see for miles, the day was sunny, the sky was blue and it was beautiful. 

My other favourite verse is Philippians 4:13 which lines up with not doing it on my own strength.  

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

GOODIE BAG:  God's word is an anchor that secures us even during long waits. 



 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment