Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Sunday 3 June 2018

Crave Day 3- Not A Chain But A Delight

Psalms 119:18

1) When you hear the word 'law' how does it make you feel?

I have two sides or two opinions about this. First laws are made to protect us and to help the world be a safer place.  The other factor is that people like to control people.  Those in power make all sorts of laws saying they are keeping us safer.  In reality, they stifle creativity, create fear, still our joy and there are more laws to break.  I have been told that by the time Jesus began His ministry the leaders of the church had taken the 200 or so laws, Deuteronomy 27 & 28, and created over 2000 laws.  Jesus said they were putting burdens on the backs of the people, that they wouldn't even do. Luke 11:46. Nothing new under the sun.

2) How does verse 18 help you change my perspective or impression of God's law?

God's law should delight us.  When laws are for our benefit and not just to control us they should delight us.  God always knows what is best for us, therefore His laws do delight me.  He is like our parent who tells us not to put our hand on the stove or we will get burned.

3) How is God's law a delight for me?

God loves me and wants the best for me so He gives me laws that will help my life be the best it can be, if I follow them.

GOODIE BAG  Knowing God's Word helps us see and enjoy the blessings it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment