Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Saturday 2 June 2018

Crave Day 2- How to Live a Pure Life

Psalms 119:9-16

1) To live a pure life, what is the secret according to these verses?

Carefully reading the Bible.
Pursue God with no distractions. Quiet time, be still and wait upon the Lord.
Stay on the straight and narrow and don't miss God's direction.
Believe God's promises for my life.
Allow God to train me in His ways.
Let God put the His words into my heart and be my voice.
Delight more in what God tells me than getting rich.
Remember what God has told me to do.

2) How did the psalmist hide God's word in his heart?

He meditated on God's word and did not neglect it.

3) How does this apply to me today?

I am not very good at memorizing the Bible, but then what version would I memorize?  I have read and studied the bible for years and a lot of it is in my heart.  When I need a bible verse, God goes into the computer of my brain and brings it to the home page of my mind.  Reading it almost daily also brings new insight to the Bible.  I will read something and think; I never saw it that way before or that is new to me.  As I read the Bible or listen to a sermon something will twig my mind and I will ponder it for a while, which is how I meditate on the Bible.  I also underline things that I want to instill into my heart.

GOODIE BAG --God's Word is us empowers us to live pure lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment