Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Friday 1 June 2018

Crave Day 1 - Desire To Walk In God's Word

I have done many bible studies through my bible aph- Holy Bible.  I have not felt the need to write about them in my blog, until now.  This one started out with questions to ponder on Psalms 119, the longest book in the bible.

So here goes my pondering through Psalms 119.

Psalms 119: 1-8

1) Why do I think, did the psalmist desire to walk in God's decrees?

The psalmist says we are blessed when we follow God.  God created us and has designed a life for us.  If we follow God's path for our lives things turn out better.  For years I followed my own path.  I was a Christian but I really didn't know God.  I flitted from one thing to another, never content or satisfied.  One day someone said I was to make pottery.  That was 15 years ago.  Pottery has allowed me to get my creative juices flowing, which I felt were lock inside me.  It also gives me great joy while making my pottery. Of all the other crafts and jobs I did, before pottery,  I eventually got tired of doing.  Not so with pottery.  I crave it, it gives me peace and is even a destresser for me.  God created me to make pottery, which brings many blessings. This is one example in my life of what happened when I followed God.

2) In verse 4 how should I respond to God's precepts?  You have prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. The Message Bible

What annoys me about people is that if I know the truth about something, in most case it is by experiencing it, and I tell a close friend or loved one so that it will help them out, but they are so stuck in their lies that they won't believe me. I have learned that the truth sets everyone free.  God is truth and His ways are right. I imagine He does get angry or annoyed with me when I don't accept his truth for my life or walk in it.

3) How much do I desire to walk in God's Word?  What steps do I think can help me live out what God says?

For many years, decades I have often walked in God's Word.  But not all the time.  When I stray off God's path for my life, my life does not run smooth.  Even when I do my weekly shopping.  If I pray for God's direction before I go everything falls into place and it saves me time.  If I don't pray I am not organized, I miss some shopping items, at times I backtrack down a road, or isle in the store because I forgot something. Shopping takes longer, is frustrating and just doesn't flow well. 

The best thing in my life is to walk in God's way.  I need to pray and ask God for directions daily.

GOODIE BAG -- We experience God's blessing when we live according to His Wod. 



No comments:

Post a Comment