Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Monday 23 October 2017

Doing What Matters - Day 9 Love Recklessly Part Two

Today is to Love Your Neighbor. Mathew 22:34-36;  John 13:34-35: 1 Corinthians 13:1-7; Romans 13:10; 1 John 4:7; John 15: 12-13 1 John 3: 16-18

I must say I do like to be by myself.  I am not the type of person who takes baking to my nieghbour.  My daughter does.  I am friendly to my neighbours when I see them, but that is the easy thing to do.

How can I show love to my nieghbour?  He is not an easy person to love, mainly because he lies.  He had to put his wife in  a home and they are our age.  Smoking! Dave does clear the end of his driveway after the snowplow comes.

This one I will have to ponder on.  

I was able to go to church today. God moved me to tell the church that God is our father too.  At Angela's church the second sermon was on this and we sang a song about we are loved because of who we are.  Today, for my first time we sang this song in our church. The sermon 1Corinthians 13:3.  Steve is doing a series on love.  I am being hit from three directions.  Love has been hard for me for I did not have proper love from my birth on.  I have improved a lot in this area though.

God is my father, my protector.  Unfortunately my earthly father teased me and criticized me,  he wasn't my protector.  It is hard to see a father as a protector.  My next challenge in life is to love and know God as my intimate father and my protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment