Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Do What Matters- Day 10 Love Recklessly - Part Three

Today's question is who is hard to love? Matthew 5:38-48; Luke 6:27-36; Romans 12:14
Lots of people with their hang ups and insecurities.  At one time I was hard to love.

I have loved and helped the unlovable out a lot.  Back in the day I would go to ladies houses to have a bible study or help out.  Some people I just try to be friendly too and talk to at church, during coffee time.  One lady in our church is hard to love. My pastor suggested I invite her for dinner.  Not this person.  Sometimes God does say to keep our distance.  This lady is a cling-on.  I was friendly to her at church and she acted like I was her best friend.  Now I just talk to her when I see her.  That is not easy as the last time she was insulting to me.  Interesting is that our pastor also chooses who to help and be friendly to. He knows he has upset me, but instead of trying to mend the fence by talking to me about it only says hi to me now. 

I even had a time like this with my brother.  For a few years he stopped talking to me and my sister.  I would visit Dad and watch him work on the farm, yet he never came in to the house to even say hi.  And I drove 6 hours to get there.

Another lady invited a few of us ladies over for lunch after bible study.  So I went and convinced others to come, even though I would rather have gone home to get some work done. Is she hard to love, she is a bit judgemental?  But that is her problem, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment