Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Saturday 28 October 2017

Doing What Matters - Day 11 - Lead Courageously Part One

The other morning a friend from a town I used to live is asked if I would bring my pottery wheel to their ladies retreat and make pottery while the speaker spoke, at the front of the room.  The theme is 'He is the potter we  are the clay.'  It happens to be the same weekend my church has their annual Christmas tea and there is a baby shower too that weekend.  What to do?  The easy thing would be to stay home, go to the tea and the shower.  Stepping out of my comfort zone would be to haul my pottery wheel and supplies 2 hours north, and turn pottery in front of people. 

Matthew 14: 26-29, Joshua 1:9.

I am behind or not on schedule with my bible study.  The message I read today was how the author of this message would go to the local pool with his friends and as a right of passage jump off the high diving board.  Then he mentioned Joshua and the Israelite's taking the land of milk and honey that had giants in it and Peter walking on the water. (Read the above verses)

Once again God had me read the right passage on the day I needed it to make the right decision.  I am not behind in my bible studies according to God.

If I want to keep following God I need to once again step out of the boat, conquer the giants of my fear and go to the retreat with my pottery wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment