Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Saturday 21 October 2017

Doing What Matters - Day 7 Live Diferently Part 3

Today's devotion is when Moses saw the burning bush in the dessert that didn't burn.  He had a conversation with God.  God came to him and spoke audibly to Moses.  Moses asked God "Suppose the people of Israel ask who you are. What should I tell them?" God's reply was "I AM WHO I AM."

Exodus 3: 1-15; 1 Corinthians 2:9 

God is the I AM of all of our lives.  Today "How do I need God to be my great I AM for me today?"

I have too many things to do and for a long time I have wanted to simplify my life.  These things are my fault as I pick up too many projects.  So today Heavenly Father I need you to direct my life so that I may simply it.  I don't feel this is to get rid of my projects, but to not obsess over getting them done.  I was raised to always work.  I started working on my parents farm when I was around 4.  This wasn't doing small house hold chores, no this was grading eggs and getting yelled at because I daydreamed and didn't work fast enough.  Got to get it done.

My life now I don't have to get it done.  I have been working on a quilt that Doreen started.  I was hoping to finish it last winter.  I will be lucky if it get done this winter.   I can't leave projects undone.
Lord help me to not get obsessed about getting things done and to realize that it is OK to not finish things right away.   

No comments:

Post a Comment