Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Friday 20 October 2017

Doing What Matters- Day 6 - Living Differently Part 2

I missed yesterday and of course I haven't done most of these days.  Does it matter that I missed a day or two? No!  What matters is that I keep going.  Yesterday we had company; therefore what mattered was being a friend and socializing to a non believer; letting my light shine; not being anal and doing my bible study because I have to keep on schedule.

  • Today's challenge --What's the one thing I can do differently in order to be the church the best way  I know how? Acts 2: 22-28; Palms 34: 8; Galatians 5: 22-23

Last week for some reason I was feeling lonely.  Then I thought I could go back to the ladies bible study?  I stopped going a few years ago because we had to help aging parents, on top of still getting settled in our new home.  Life was busy.

I questioned should I go back.  In reality I have lived a lot of the bible due to what God put me through and sometimes these bible studies can be boring.  A few days ago I was listening to Focus On The Family.  The lady was saying that according to the Bible we older ladies are to help the younger ones.  Our bible study has a few younger ladies.  Also many Christians don't know the bible as well as I do.  God put me through a lot of healing and taught me his ways as a result of it.

Then I thought, do I want to go back to a bible study? Doubts and insecurity crept in.  I have been hurt in the old legalistic ones.  The leader of our lady's bible study is a very nice, gentle person.  I need to realize I too have changed.  I could help and instill the wisdom I know to others.  Also I am at the stage of my life where I have learned to listen and don't need to talk to be the center of attention.

Galatians 5:  We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.  Legalism is helpless in bringing this about, it only gets in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment