Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Monday 30 October 2017

Doing What Matters - Day 13- Lead Couragously - Part Three

The message today has been about something I have pondered a lot.
John 13:1-17;  Luke 22: 24-27;  Philippians 2:1-11

People say if you want to know if you are a leader, look at who is following you.  This author said something smelled funky about this.

Often people who have the biggest position have the most followers.  Many leader lead for power and control but they are not stirred to do what really matters.  Cults are good at having mind numbing followers for their power.  Often when we do what matters we are following God and are alone.

Leadership is not about people following us; but us following God.

From the late 1980 to 2000 I followed God back to church than to Singing Waters to get healed.  In 2003 I started to make pottery as this is what God called me to do.

I am still following God in 2017.  At the end of this month I will be taking my pottery wheel to a ladies retreat in Sudbury.  The retreat is 'I am the potter; you are the clay'.  I will be making pottery at the front of the room while the speaker talks.

I read this study at the right time to show me that I am a leader because I get out of the boat and walk on water to follow Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment