Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Friday 3 February 2017

Made To Crave - You Were Created For More

 People get knocked down in life and develop a feeling of shame, feel inadequate, we are just not good enough.

 My inadequacy was low self-esteem.  I am not good enough, smart enough, just can't do it good enough.  Fortunately, God has healed most of these in me as I am on his path from glory to glory.

These feelings of insecurity came from my childhood. The church my parents attended did not teach the truth therefore, the lies came in.  Don't compliment your children, they will become conceded. Criticize and tear down instead.

I was very unhealthy as a baby and it took me 3 years to learn to walk or talk.  A social worker who saw me once told Mom I was mentally retarded.  Mom believed this and every time I didn't succeed she told me it was because I was supposed to be mentally retarded.  I grew up believing I was worthless and the dumbest person around.  I believed that if I could do something then everyone else could do it too.  

For many years God kept telling me I was worth more.  He put on my heart Jeremiah 29:11  I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  

 When I was growing up I had a desire to own my own business.  That was how I was going to make money.  I haven't made money that way, I married a husband who did that for me. But  I do have my own business.  I make artistic pottery and enjoy doing it. 

It was a long road of God healing me and speaking truth instead of lies into me, but God did keep His promise as long as I was willing to follow him.

I was created for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment