Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Made To Crave - Temtations

Day 11.  I missed a few days while taking care of my grandchildren.  I will put those at the end.

The author, Lysa Terkeurst, of this devotion she struggles with weight.  It was her anniversary and they gave her a large piece of her favorite cake.  She was tempted to eat it but passed it to her husband.  Then she had a pity party and thought 'this is not fare.  She recognized this as the enemy taking advantage of her weakness.

My weakness it to feel I have been left out and not included.  It is just not fair that they get to have that or do this etc.  Satan grabs me with these insecure feelings. At these times of my pity party I focus on the negative instead of the positive which is seeing all the blessings God has given me.

I need to recognize that when I feel this way to go to God's truth, that He has not forgotten me nor abandoned me.  He will always have my back and it is his timing, not mine.  It is by His strength I can do what God has called me to do.  

Matthew 19: 26 Jesus looked hard at the and said, "No chance at al if you think you can pull it off yourself.  Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment