Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Friday 3 February 2017

Made To Crave - Overweight Physically - Underweight Spiritually

Matthew 19 20-21 A rich man came to Jesus and asked him how he could enter the kingdom of heaven.  He followed all the rules and in his eyes was a good person.  Jesus told him to sell everything, then follow Jesus.  He couldn't submit his riches and walked away. Money was his god.

Overweight is definitely a problem for many people, but that is not the issue here.  The question is 'what is more important to me than following God?'.

I try to protect me from people who will hurt me.  I don't like being hurt, verbally because too many loved ones have hurt me.  I run and hide from people.  I don't trust God to love me past the hurts. The god I worship tries to protect myself by running and hiding.  

I need to keep in mind that everyone who has hurt me is a hurting person.  Recently I was telling a person that she never asked me the truth about the situation I was in.  Instead, she went to my husband, who didn't know the complete truth of this situation, and he told her something else.  She told me she didn't ask me because of the reaction I might have.  It might not be favorable. This hurt me because she saw me like this and she was right, so I left the church service, I ran and hid.  Then  I realized she was doing the same thing I did.  She was afraid to talk to me because she didn't want to get hurt.  Her god was the same one I had, protect ourselves so we don't get hurt.

I am not the only one who has these insecurities, but I have a choice to be better than these people, by loving them unconditionally,




No comments:

Post a Comment