Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Made To Crave - Undivided Heart

Sunday sermon was the famous bible story of David and Goliath.  Our pastor focused on why did Dave want to slay the giant. Perhaps because he wanted to save Israelite, but he asked 3 times what Saul would give to the person who slew the giant - wealth, tax-free life and his daughter.  David like most of us had ulterior motives.

Today I began a 21-day bible study called Crave by Lysa Terkeurst, president of Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Lysa talked about her craving food instead of God. She ate to satisfy the battle of lack of love that raged in her heart.  Food is not my problem, but I do crave something else due to a battle of lack of love raging in my heart.

Psalms 139 tells us that God fearfully created us and we are wonderfully made.  It doesn't say anywhere that we need to shape up first before we are loved, which humans often imply to us.

When I encounter a person who criticizes me or bosses me I take offense and want to run away. I feel I am not loved unless I shape up first.  If I hurt back or run away I am telling them, 'I won't love you until you stop hurting me'. I need to love those people and realize that they are acting in a hurtful way because they are not intentionally hurting me. This is the way they have always acted, they are blinded to their sin. In order to not take offense, I need to walk in the spirit and hear God's voice to have an undivided heart when I am talking to people. My motive in talking to people needs to be to love them unconditionally, not to get a favorable response back from them. 

This is a weak spot for me but God is my strength. 
My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment