Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Faith To Hear God's Small Voice, Not The Clanging Noise Of People.

Luke 17: 5-6 The Message Bible
The apostle came up and said to the Master, "Give us more faith."
But the Master said, "You don't need more faith. There is no 'more' or 'less' faith.  If you have a bare kernel of faith, say the size of a poppy seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, 'Go jump in the lake, and it would do it.

My job as a believer in Jesus Christ is to have faith, to believe.  For 8 years I believed God would heal the bipolar I suffered from and he did.  I watched my leg grow 1/2" as a result of a prayer.  Many times God has rescued me from despair and healed many of my chronic diseases, yet I still doubt at times.

Why is that?  My problem comes, not from not having enough faith, for Jesus said you don't need more.  It is when I have no faith and I don't trust or believe God.  That is when I listen to people, even well-meaning Christians who unintentionally say things that bring me down to their level.   I need to listen to God and have faith He will tell me the truth.

Recently this happened at church. A lady, whom I always kept a safe distance from, was telling me to do something I didn't want to do.  I was so upset I left the church and didn't want to come back.  The next day God gave me Luke 1:17,  Don't let the bullies stop you for doing my work. That is why I keep my distance from her, she bosses me.   If I was listening to God when she was doing this instead of getting hurt, God would have told me she was bullying me then and I would have stayed at church.

Faith to hear God's small voice and not the clanging noise of people. 

We are all on a path towards God, some make it some don't.  I must not be concerned what others think or say about me, that is their path.  I need to keep pressing forward towards the goal of my own path.  To continue to believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment