Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Sunday 4 September 2016

Chase The Lion - Stalk Or Be Stalked

 
For 7 days I will be doing a bible study on my bible app. It is to help one find their way with God.

If you find yourself in a pit with a lion on a snowy day, you have got a decision to make.  A decision that will determine your destiny.  You can run away from what you are afraid of, but you will be running the rest of your life. Or you can face your fears, taking a flying leap of faith, and chase the lion.

What is my lion? And what am I going to do with it?

My lion is my fear of being hurt by Christians, being criticized my them.

I need to realize that even though people go to church and worship does not mean they are healed or actually following Jesus, therefore they are still hurt and will hurt people.  I need to choose my friends wisely in the church, just as I do in the world. This has prevented me from playing the drums, to my fullest potential, fear of being criticized, which has happened in our church. It also might have prevented me from being on backup singing on worship.  As a child and a teenager, I told by my father and a bully that I couldn't sing and to stop it. Even at a Baptist church, someone turned and gave me that look that said, you're off tune.  Apparently, I can carry a tune.  Fear of people prevents me from getting to my potential.

2 Samuel 23

If your dream doesn't scare you, it's too small.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I came by to read this. I appreciate that quote you ended with, too. I've actually been working to come to a place where I really don't care what people think or say about what I do. It's an ongoing effort to be sure!

    Practically all my life I've had criticism from people who think my singing is too loud, and there's also the inner conflict of comparing myself to others. One person actually told me I should leave singing to others and stick to speaking. Then, when others come to me and tell me they've been blessed, I realize that those other voices are not the voice of God. I do not do what I do for those other people.

    One of my choir directors gave me a card with various birds posed around the following: "SING FOR JOY - Types of Singers on a Choir: Those that stand there looking pretty | Those who sing on, then off again | Those that warble a note here and there | Those who think they can sing | And those who sing only if they like the song... but you sing with all your heart." Psalm 100:1a and Zephaniah 3:14

    Be encouraged, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this encouragement and sharing your struggles.
      There was a time in my life when I wouldn't even sing in worship then God showed me Psalms 100:1 too "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord". No where does God tell us to keep on tune or lower our voice. Those who criticize usually have problems of their own and need prayer.

      The card of the birds sounds adorable.

      Delete