Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Day 14 Crave- Light Will Shine

Psalm 119:105

It has been a busy week since I posted.  Sometimes things, good things, happen in my life and I need to take a break from righting my devotions. 

Every Father's Day weekend we camp out at the Paris, Ontario fairgrounds for the annual Vintage Motorcycle Rally.  We have been going there for close to 40 years.  The first few years the event was near our parents home so we stayed with our parents for the event. It was quite small in those days.  The event grew and moved to Paris, a motorcycle flee market began and Dave decided to take his old motorcycle stock to sell it.  I think our first camping arrangements were throwing a mattress in the back of the utility trailer that we hauled our motorcycles and parts in.  Now we have a travel trailer. It is much easier for cooking, a bathroom, shower and a bed.  Of course, since it is in the middle of a field I do not have WYFY access.  The weather was hot when we got home from the weekend so we headed to our cottage for a swim.  Monday morning our daughter arrived at the cottage with the 2 grandkids and her 2 dogs.  Tuesday morning she went to a course near the cottage, then home to work, leaving them with us.  We have been busy entertaining the grandkids.

Now on to the devotion.

1) What was the psalmist's response to suffering and trials? (vs 107, 110)?

Despite his trials and suffering, from wicket people, he asks God to renew and revive him and always stays close to God's precepts or rules.

2) How is God's Word "a lamp to my feet and a light to my path' (vs 105)?

God's Word points to the direction I should go in.  His light illuminates the path that God has put me on. I must choose to follow God's path.

3) How committed am I to keep God's degrees?  How can I put this truth into practice today?

I am quite committed and have been for many years, decades even. I follow His truth as best I can.  I am not perfect and I do sin.  What I need to do is to repent instantly and not let my sin drag me down further into more sin.

GOODIE BAG: In life's dark seasons, God's Word is the light that helps us keep going.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment