Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky
When I Walk Through The Shadow Of Death I Shall Not Fear

Thursday 8 September 2016

Chase The Lion - God's Greatest Pre Moves

There will be times in our lives that God will close a door.  When this happens we can get afraid or realize that God will open another door.

 The first door closed on me was my construction business.

 I always wanted to have my own business.  I took construction technology at college, in the early 1970's.  In 1988 my cousin asked me to run a construction business in my town, my first business.  We sold steel buildings and my cousin suggested I take on construction jobs.  I got a small job, an addition onto a house.  It should have been an easy in and out job. We dug the foundation into a water hole. The basement leaked, the owner hated me and my fragile emotional state, due to a wrong diagnosis became more fragile.  For 20 years doctors said I had severe PMS.

God told me to quit my dream, my construction job, as he had something better for me and he diagnoses me.  I had bipolar, not PMS. 

Fast forward twenty years, I am making pottery, loving the art of it and playing the drums.  And God healed my bipolar.

Since then God has closed many doors.  He even told us to sell  my dream home and move 3 hours away.  I have had so many blessings due to that move.

Where do I hear doors clanging shut?

As I sit and write this I am also texting with my sister about the health of our 93 years old father, who is back in the hospital. I know his life is coming to an end, but he could last a few more years.  When he dies I know I will not be driving the 3 hours to my hometown as often.  That door will be closed and God will open anther one.
God has also told me to not help out with our church's community breakfast, which was rewarding.  I was a team leader and very good at it.

Where might other, more promising ones be opening up?

I am also writing my story and feel that one day I could be sharing it with audiences, which terrifies me.

 I am excited with the doors God will open for me.  I wait in anticipation of new doors open.



No comments:

Post a Comment